Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yoga

After running today, my husband talked me into going to Yoga class tonight. I think he was worried about being the only guy and he wanted me to go with him.

I don't do Yoga regularly, but when I do make the time to go to a class, I find it supremely relaxing.

The stretching is fabulous. The lights are low or even turned off. The instructor has a soothing voice. There is calming music playing in the background.

What I find most relaxing, however, is being unplugged from everything. No television, no computer, no smart phone. Just me and my thoughts. This might sound strange, but I think about nothing and everything all at the same time when I am doing Yoga. I reach a level of relaxation that is rivaled by few other activities in my life. I find it refreshing, and it helps re-fill a well that can become dry in the busy lives we lead.

I should go to Yoga more often.

What kinds of activities do you find relaxing?

No comments: