Thursday, April 14, 2011

Read these books

I first heard of Barbara O'Neal earlier this year when I came across a blog post recommending her new book How to Bake a Perfect Life. I quickly reserved a copy at the library (cause I'm frugal like that), and when the book became available, I read it in a few short days. It was a wonderful story about the complex relationships women have with the other women in their lives.

I decided to see if the library had any of O'Neal's other books. Earlier this week, I checked out The Secret of Everything, a book that was published in 2009. I loved it even more than the previous book. I don't want to give away anything about either book, but I would highly recommend you read her books! She writes compelling stories focused on female characters who are strong yet vulnerable at the same time, which I think is a challenging task to get right. Also, O'Neal tackles difficult and emotional subjects, and her stories take plot twists that will surprise the reader and keep you enthralled until the end. (Warning: you may need some tissues, especially for How to Bake a Perfect Life.)

Another fun thing about the books is the author includes recipes for the reader to experiment with and she showcases the powerful presence dogs can have in our lives.

I hope you can find these at the library and let me know if you enjoyed them as much as I did.

No comments: