Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fear

Did you happen to notice that I started this blog, posted once and waited more than 2 1/2 years to start posting regularly?

It turns out, I started the blog on an impulse and I didn't really think the whole thing through. I quickly realized a blog would mean putting myself out there for the whole world (and the Internets!) to read.

I wasn't ready for that kind of pressure. What if I had nothing to say? What if people thought my blog was boring or worse that I was dumb? What if I offended someone? What if someone I didn't want to read the blog read it? What if no one read it? The list of reasons not to blog was endless.

In the end, the biggest reason I did not blog was my own fear.

This may surprise some people, but I am an insecure person. I do not like to be vulnerable or show my foibles. Also, as a people-pleaser by nature it is hard for me to act without worrying about what others think or how they will react.

However, I am working on my insecurities. I am learning to love myself and working on accepting the things I cannot change about myself as well as exploring some things I would like to change without altering the person I am on the inside.

I am committed to blogging and I hope you will continue reading. I love all of your support!

1 comment:

Teresa H. Miller said...

I was also scared of what people thought when I started blogging, but I'm trying to work on getting over that. Who cares what people think anyways, right? Keep up the blogging!