Monday, June 6, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday Musings

Well, I am happy to report we are surviving just fine over here at the cable-free house. So far we are very happy with our decision to cut cable, and we haven't even resorted to organizing our bathroom cabinets or trimming the lawn with scissors!

**********

When I come across internet slang or text speak that I don't know, it makes me feel so un-hip and old. I learned a new-to-me expression just the other day:

*g* means grin

Did you know that? Am I the only one? I am almost thirty, you know.

Thanks to my dear friend Google, I found this website so I don't have to feel like such a loser anymore. Maybe it can help you, too!

**********

Did you have an American Girl doll growing up? These got popular sometime during my elementary school years. I came across this blog post that explains What Your American Girl Doll Says About the Rest of Your Life.

I  never read the American Girl books - I was more of a Babysitter's Club fan - but I secretly wanted an American Girl doll! I don't think I ever asked for one because I knew it would be a financial hardship for my parents to buy me one.

Anyway, I thought it was funny that the blog post described people who had no American Girl doll as follows:
You grew up to be financially independent, level-headed, unspoiled, and still just a little bit resentful whenever you walk by American Girl Place.

Hmmm, I guess that sort of sounds like me.

Which American Girl doll did you have? Or were you a have-not like me?

No comments: