Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Scream, You Scream

We All Scream for Ice Cream!!

Who doesn't love that cool, refreshing taste of creamy, dreamy ice cream on a hot June day in Okieland?

I have to say I honestly don't trust people who do not like ice cream. There MUST be something wrong with them mentally or emotionally or psychologically or nutritionally. One of those afflictions for sure!

There are a lot of different flavors that I like - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cake Batter, Banana Split, Strawberry, Butter Pecan, just to name a handful.

Also, I don't discriminate against brands, give me Braum's or Blue Bell or Baskin-Robbins or Marble Slab or Edy's or Haagen-Dazs, I will eat them all happily.

Just like you shouldn't have a favorite child, you shouldn't have a favorite ice cream brand. You should love them all equally.

But I do not. I have one ice cream brand that I love over all others.

Come closer, I'll tell you my favorite. . .

Can you guess?

Are you dying to know?

It's made by two men in my most favorite state in the Union - Ben & Jerry's!

In 2007, the hubby and I took a wonderful trip to Vermont and I dragged him to the Ben & Jerry's factory in Waterbury, VT. It was fabulous and a great stop on our trip!

I recently discovered a new Ben & Jerry's flavor that I absolutely LOVE - Red Velvet Cake. It features pieces of red velvet cake and red velvet cake batter ice cream with a cream cheese frosting swirl.

If you like red velvet, it is a must try! Now that summer is officially here, grab a scoop or two and enjoy!!

2 comments:

tomtitle_lawyer said...

Oh you and your passion for Ice Cream.

Heidi said...

YUMMY! I must try this flavor.