Monday, May 9, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday Musings

It's not even mid-May and I am already complaining about the hot weather. It's going to be a long summer. I wish I could go live somewhere with reasonable weather for the summer and come back to Oklahoma in September ready for the fall and cooler weather and college football season.

Maybe somewhere like Maine or Michigan or Minnesota or Montana.

Basically any of the M states.

Wait. Not Missouri and definitely not Mississippi. But any of the other M states would be acceptable.

Aside from the heat, I had a lovely weekend celebrating the mothers in my life. I am lucky to have both a wonderful mother and mother-in-law. Sometimes I shudder hearing the horror stories told by my friends and co-workers about their monsters-in-law. I certainly lucked out in that department.

On a different note, the hubs and I have discussed taking a road trip over the long Memorial Day weekend at the end of the month. We don't have any firm plans yet, but Austin has been thrown out as a potential destination.

What do you think? Is Austin a good choice or should we check out somewhere else? If we do hit up Austin, any suggestions on what to do and where to stay or eat?

1 comment:

Teresa H. Miller said...

We're planning on heading to Santa Fe over Memorial Day weekend. I've been to Austin a couple times. I think I saw the Capitol, Sixth Street and the UT campus.