Monday, May 2, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday Musings

We had an unseasonably cold day today considering it is the first week of May. I didn't mind too much since it gave me an excuse to wear my favorite suit to work. It is a purple and black houndstooth suit jacket which I can wear with black suit pants or a silky skirt depending on my mood and the weather. It was nice to get one last wear out of it this year. See you next winter, favorite suit!

I have something exciting to share with you all, I bought my first pair of Toms shoes this past weekend! I know, I know, I am late to the game. My sister has been buying these shoes for years, but I have resisted joining the bandwagon even though it is for a good cause as I never thought their shoes meshed with my unique fashion taste. However, I am happy to say I am a Toms convert thanks to these beauties:
I first fell in love with them awhile back, but I couldn't buy them as I was on a spending freeze for Lent. I think they just LOOK like summer, and I wore them to the Festival of the Arts held in downtown OKC on Saturday and I think they are going to be my go-to shoe this summer. I can't wait!!

I would be remiss without giving a shout-out to my favorite newlyweds, Wills and Kate, *ahem* the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge.

They looked genuinely blissful on their highly anticipated and publicized wedding day and I wish them a long and loving marriage. I hope the media and the public will leave them alone to start their married life together in peace and quiet. This might actually happen, considering there was huge breaking news last night taking the world's spotlight off of their nuptials. The 24-hour news stations are off chasing the next big ratings bonanza.

Between these two major news stories, I am reminded of the amazing effects social media has on our daily lives, but I will save my thoughts for a post later this week.

No comments: